Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shisha

Last night I smoked for the first time in my life.....well I really didnt plan to do it.....my moroccan friend just invited me over to go to this shisha parlour and I just said ok....I wanted to try it....I just wanted to know wats so special about it that its so famous......

So it was like midnight when we reached the place(the bus had broken down on the way, so had to walk almost a kilometer to reach the place).....but it was fun walking the streets, window shopping on the way to the parlour at the dead of night.......it was very crowded but we managed to find a place......it was not very different from a pub if you talk about the music....may be just a little less noisy......and there was smoke all over the place......there was this girl sitting across to me staring at somethin.....at first I thought she was staring at me...but apparently she wasnt.....she kinda had just lost herself to the shisha she was smoking.......she was sitting in the same position staring in the same direction almost for around an hour......and there was this african dude who kept making so much smoke that I had to wonder if he had somehow caught fire inside.......seriously......he made this thick long puff of smoke which seemed to fill his entire face........I spent more time observing people than smoking my shisha......after all thats what I went there to do.....to understand why people wanted to smoke it......... not why I shld or shldnt smoke.....and then I kinda guessed why most people did it......I suppose they just do it to lose themselves......in the smoke, in the music, in their own thoughts......my friend told me that if you smoke a lot of shisha it gets to your head and then u feel really light......something like what alcohol does to you......

I didnt smoke much....I didnt really like it.....it kinda felt choky from inside......but for like just 5min, I felt really light....as if nothing mattered anymore....and then as soon as the first random thought hit my mind the lightness went away and I was back into the real world......it was quite an experience......

We also had this arabic and so called Indian tea at the parlour......it was nowhere close to our indian tea......it was just hot water with mint leaves and lemon thrown into it......but the container they served it in felt really royal......they served it in this alladin ka chirag kind of a container.....I felt kinda royal sipping the tea which really was effectively just hot water....and we paid 4euros for that......wuffff.......

It was a memorable experience and its now a precious memory......a new lesson about life.....about people....and about myself....an year ago I wld never even think of smoking shisha...... but now.....I am evolving......I am discovering myself......and in a good way.....because I know I will never smoke it again.....I knew it even before I started smoking.....because to me, life is about discovering.......yourself.......the world around you......and everything that makes the people around you do what they do..... 

4 comments:

  1. its nice to try somethin new unless u overdo that.
    looks like i'm gettin inspired 2 try somethin new ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sure is true.....u ll never learn anything if you dont realize whats happening in the world around you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats vijay for at least giving it a try... and u have presented ur experience in very good words too...

    ReplyDelete