Friday, February 13, 2009

my first lesson

I believe that most things in life happen for a reason. It doesnt matter whether you consider that thing as good or bad......... because its not the merit of that thing which is important but its the way you digest those things that counts......wondering wat the hell I am talking about??.....well let me tell you a small story.....

In my last blog, I talked about that girl-fake emailID stuff.....let me take that story one step ahead.....

It had almost been a month since the day I told that girl about my stupidity...you must be wondering why the hell I dont mention her name.....well i suppose i dont have the copyrights yet to do that......I hardly talk to her now.....but still its good manners to respect people's privacy......lets call her X for the moment...so I hardly talked to X during the month as i thought she must really hate me for what I had done(though an year later she told me that she didnt talk to me because she thought it was me who hated her!!)......

It was the day when we got our maths answer sheets........X as always was among the toppers.....when i got my paper I cldnt believe my eyes....i scored 28/100...i was bloody expecting around 60!!......now dont think I had always been a maths wizard and top scored every damn exam....I always scored around 60 or 70......neither more nor less....I didnt even open the paper and gave it back to the teacher to retotal it.....I was so sure I cldnt fail......after an hour or so the teacher sent my paper back with a girl guneet.....she was kind of my rival in marks/exams.....we both always scored similar marks in our ''own range''......I suppose you know what I mean........in school we have different ranges for different kind of people.....my range was 60-70 marks and I never even cared about people who scored more than that.....my competition was only with people in my range:)......I know it sounds so stupid now but those days we were just kids caring about stupid little things....so she had this strange smile on her face....I cldnt decipher it exactly but I guessed I had passed and she was just happy for me.....I looked at the paper and got the biggest shock of my life....there was a totalling mistake allright....but I still failed.....i got 32 instead of 28.....as if it mattered......and for an instant I soooooo hated guneet....

I dont know what happened that moment but I actually put my head on the table and just cried.....it was embarrasing and horrible....but I just cldnt stop the tears.....and everything about the stuff with X and gunnet and everything else were washed away with those tears.....all I knew was that I was gonna change things.....I didnt know how and how much time it would take..but I knew I was going to mobilise everything I had to do it......

An year later, I was one of the maths toppers at both my school and tution centre in the class 10th board exams.....

I still have that 32/100 answer sheet and I hope I could preserve it forever......

It reminds me how important failures are in life, how not to ignore them and how to cherish them......

No comments:

Post a Comment